Peak Pursuer Terms and Conditions of Use
Hi there. You should read these terms and conditions in full because they apply every time you visit Peak Pursuer and use any of its features. However, just in case you ever need a reminder of the main points, here’s a quick summary:
- We’re not responsible for anything that you post on Peak Pursuer and we don’t monitor the content of the site, but if we do see or someone alerts us that you have posted something that we think is inappropriate then we are allowed at our discretion to remove it.
- If you post any content that belongs to someone else and they get annoyed, we are not responsible. You must take responsibility for what you post.
The full legal bit
Peak Pursuer is an adventure sharing website designed as a place to publish and find hiking trips and mountaineering ascents.
It is intended to be an informational place to visit and it is important to us (and for you) that it remains a safe and friendly environment, so you agree that you will only use Peak Pursuer in a manner consistent with its purpose. The Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you as user (“you”) and U-Turn Web Development and Media, a Danish company that is registered at Nødkær Alle 53, 8270 Højbjerg, Denmark. U-Turn Web Development and Media is a legal owner of the Peak Pursuer website.
The Terms apply whenever you visit Peak Pursuer, whether or not you have chosen to register with us, so please read them carefully. By accessing, using, registering for or receiving services offered on Peak Pursuer you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by the Terms.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS THEN YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE.
Use of the website and rules relating to Content
You warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by the Terms and that by using Peak Pursuer you will not be violating any law or regulation of the country in which you are resident. You are solely responsible for your compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
What kind of content can I post or upload on Peak Pursuer?
You can upload and post only hiking and mountaineering related content (“Content”).
There are some rules about what is acceptable though, so when you are using Peak Pursuer you may not post, send or upload any Content which:
- contains language which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- is obscene, pornographic or otherwise may offend human dignity;
- is abusive, insulting or threatening, or which promotes, depicts or encourages violence, self-harm, suicide, racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
- encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence;
- is defamatory;
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
- involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
- impersonates a person, company or brand with the intent to deceive or confuse others;
- contains any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal data whether from Peak Pursuer or otherwise;
- itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights);
- shows another person where such Content was created or distributed without that person’s knowledge, and without that person having been afforded an opportunity to refuse such creation or distribution; or
Please use your common sense when picking the Content that you choose to post on, upload or send via Peak Pursuer because you are solely responsible for, and bear all liability in relation to, such Content. If you repeatedly infringe our rules, you may be prevented from using Peak Pursuer and we may disable your account or block you from further use of Peak Pursuer. We may remove any Content you submit to Peak Pursuer if we believe it violates the Terms or we are required to do so by applicable law.
Ownership of Content
Once I have uploaded Content on Peak Pursuer, do I still own it?
Yes, provided you are the rightful owner in the first place.
Can I use any of the Content that doesn’t belong to me?
Other than in relation to Content submitted by you to Peak Pursuer, you do not have any rights in relation to the Content on Peak Pursuer and you agree that you will not use any Content in any manner which may infringe ours or any third party’s rights. This means that you agree that you will not copy, modify, adapt, distribute, publish or sell all or any part of the Peak Pursuer site or the Content contained on it (other than the Content submitted by you) to anyone else.
Access to the website
Do you guarantee that Peak Pursuer will be always up and running?
Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that because sometimes we must carry out maintenance. No warranty is given about the quality, accuracy, functionality, availability or performance of Peak Pursuer and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, amend, modify or vary the service provided on Peak Pursuer without notice and without incurring any liability to you.
Termination of use by you
If you want to unregister, send us an email with a request for deletion of your profile. We will delete your profile and all your published adventures on Peak Pursuer.
Do you have guidelines in place about what you can do with my personal data?
Do the links on the website have anything to do with Peak Pursuer?
Please note that we have no control over the contents of any third party sites or resources, and we accept no responsibility for them, including (but not limited to) the third party site’s compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
I forgot the rules about conduct on here and now someone is threatening to sue me. Will your lawyers sort it out?
No. If you act in a way that upsets other users then you must be responsible for the consequences. We expressly disclaim all responsibility and liability for your conduct or the conduct of any other user of Peak Pursuer, and expressly disclaim any liability for Content uploaded by you or by any other user.
www.peakpursuer.com is a website owned and operated by U-Turn Web Development and Media.
We are registered in Denmark under company number 38534467.
Our registered office is at Nødkær Alle 53, 8270 Højbjerg, Denmark.
The Terms were last updated on: 21 June 2018.